Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cart, horse . . .

The list of online apps to check out this week has left me numb. For the most part my brain kept thinking, when I am confronted with a new app and have to find a use for it, I generally am resistant whereas, if I have a purpose and go looking for an app to fit, I am often enthusiastic. This brings me back to the oft repeated mantra that the learning goal should drive the choice of tech rather than the other way around. With many of the apps, like the ways to play with photos at BigHugeLabs , I am left rather cold when I put myself in student context. Do they love to play with photos? Yes. Does playing with photos necessarily teach them anything? Uh, not so sure.

1 comment:

  1. I think sometimes the educational implications are hard to spot at first, but there are a lot of ways to present information in those crazy sites!

    ReplyDelete