Saturday, March 13, 2010

i Want One!

Being a miserably cold, rainy afternoon in March I decided that my assignment required an hour or so at the Mac store and dragged the family along. We all played with iPhones, iPods, iPod touch, the nano, and the shuffle. Great fun. I was surprised that I could actually imagine affording a few of them.

The shuffle was so cheap, and held more than enough music, but the navigation was lacking. But, so tiny!

The iPod touch was pretty addictive, and my son's favorite, but why not an iPhone then? And could one imagine carrying both around? He'd be happy with the games and music only. Cool, but $300 is pricey.

The iPhone is lovely, like any Mac, but my phone can do just about anything it does, just uglier.

The Nano was my favorite. Video capability, recording as well as playing, tiny and streamlined, and enough space, even in the $150 model, to hold as much as I would want. The hardest part would be deciding on a color. I'm leaning toward hot pink.

On the way home we discussed apps and internet on the go. Again, a pricey addition to life. For me it would require justification beyond, this is cool! I know many people - lawyers, IT, business people - who travel constantly, for whom this would make sense. But as one of those lucky people who is more often than not within twenty feet of my own desk top, I just don't feel the need. I can definitely see the attraction for older students.

1 comment:

  1. I was so relived to read your post title! I want one too! I am obsessed with having an iphone, but can't really justify it. Doesn't keep me from whining, though. You seem to have a much better attitude! And way to go, bringing your family on your field trip!

    ReplyDelete